SourDough help please.
We seek guidance on achieving our dream texture! Below is our recipe and method and the issue we face, can anybody help us identify areas to work on to get to our desired texture?
Rye Flour 50g
Fed daily in lead up to making bread. Kept at 20-25’c.
Bakers Flour 1652g (43.7%)
Water 1250g at 30'c (33.0%)
Starter (from above) 600g (15.8%)
Autolyse for 20mins, then add;
Rye flour 225g (5.9%)
Salt 54g (1.4%)
- Kneaded for 5 minutes, Hobart mixer.
- Bulk fermentation, usually 12 hrs at 20’c. (Temp hard to control).
- Then stretch and fold, rest 10 minutes.
- Scale off to 1000g pieces.
- Rest 15 mins.
- Shape to loaf, into banneton.
- Proof at ambient (20’c) until double size.
- Bake in wood fired oven 230’c, for 40 mins
This is what we usually get! Refer to attached photo, what do we need to change?
Should add that the starter is always quite sour, but the final bread is not :(