Ana Kournikova is a home baker?

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy

Not likley? Just seems this forum gets some real attention!

J

Category: 
up
213 users have voted.

Replies

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 September 20

Never fear. Backups are made by our host, but of course they would never be of the most recent period in time.

I haven't been making many backups lately, but I shall put an end to this trend, so...

I have just made a backup of the forum, and will make more in the future.

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 September 20

[quote="Maedi"]
I haven't been making many backups lately, but I shall put an end to this trend, so...

I have just made a backup of the forum, and will make more in the future.
[/quote]

Phew!

I'm also guilty. So many photos in my computer...the thought of losing them.......

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 September 20

That's the problem with digital....and that's wy you seep some of them on to the internet.

Would you like to tell me your flickr TP?

bianchifan's picture
bianchifan 2006 September 20

[quote="TeckPoh"]
So many photos in my computer...the thought of losing them.......
[/quote]
Last sonday evening I've a crash on one of my harddisks, a non backuped medium .
Now I must see how to pick the bits

[quote="carla"]
and checked out all these wonderful new posts - only to find after loading 10 windows that they were all spam!
[/quote]

As there are a couple og reciepes which mustn't be baked there are a couple of posts that mustn't be read..
How do you configured your browser?
And for what the hell you are driving a firewall?
To block nice pictures from imageshack only?

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 September 21

[quote="Maedi"]
That's the problem with digital....and that's why you keep some of them on the internet.

Would you like to tell me your flickr TP?
[/quote]

Sorry, I missed this question, Maedi.

Hmm...I use flickr and photobucket (id: Tepee) for miscellaneous non-sourdough pix which I post here or for posting at Dan's site and the photograph forum. Sigh...I don't park enough pix online. Tks for the heads-up!

Just remembered you once told me about SPGM. OK...going there now to figure out the nooks and crannies.

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 September 22

Yeh, you could use SPGM to park all your photos online. Backing Up to a CD is still 'kool' these days.

Tell me if you need help.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 September 26

Thanks Maedi!
Was snapping at 14 mph while I snapped on the 59 th street bridge from Manhattan to where I live in Queens! Action shot!

Cheers and hi to Graham!
Jeremy

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 September 11

Any publicity is good publicity.

Who thinks we should have moderators?

So far, we have'nt done this so that everyoneo is 'equal'.

Tell me what you think.

Croc 2006 September 11

i visit forums more less few times a day
don't want to be any sort of moderator (i'm not fool to go in to politics) but don't mind being a cleaner and use mod rights to remove dirt as this and ban/delete spamtastic user profiles.

i think moderators are not needed around here(not at this stage anyway), we all seem to keep eachother happy without forum police but few "cleaners" would be nice or look up some way to protect forums from such spam and spam registrations.

carla's picture
carla 2006 September 16

Maedi - I think it would be nice to have somebody that can be here more often than you to just remove these posts as they appear.

I went online this morning and checked out all these wonderful new posts - only to find after loading 10 windows that they were all spam!

I am not calling for moderators to "moderate" - I think this forum is very ably moderated by its members. Just somebody to remove the massive amount of spam that seems to come up. No idea how to prevent that in the first place as I am not a computer geek.

Another thought on this subject:
Do you keep backups of this forum?

I have seen a couple of very extensive forums being hacked to death lately and huge amounts of info being lost "over night". It would be sad if that would happen to a forum like this here with all the good info and pictures, many of which could never be recovered.

Already a member? Login