BLOG

Graham's picture
Graham

Blogging is now possible at [url]http://www.sourdough.net.au[/url]

In the coming weeks this blog will become more closely integrated into Sourdough.com.au

Having your own blog enables you to have your own space on this site. The forum is still the focus of live activity. The blog is more of a personal web page where you can plant your own veggies and invite friends over to watch them grow (or something like that).

A quick way for existing forum members to start a blog is to view all of your old forum posts (see the Memberlist menu) and copy out the best things you have said over the past month. You can paste into your blog and make changes to make it more relevant if needed.

We chose "WordPress" as our blog software. Changes to appearance and functions will occur as "WordPress" is integrated into the site further. Please contact [email protected] to ask questions, report problems and suggest changes.

Graham

Category: 
up
216 users have voted.

Replies

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 August 3

There's a very persistent forex broker who keeps spamming one of my blog entries, up to 6 timesor more a day, and this has been going on for weeks. Each time, I'll mark his entry as a spam. But, the ingenious thing about these spammers, they manage to be very creative and use a different url each time!!! How can I stuff all these spams back into this idiot's throat?

Bill44's picture
Bill44 2006 August 3

I deleted my blog on this forum for this very reason. On my own blog using the same software I don't get spam, it has spam filtering.

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 August 3

The simplest solution is to turn on "comment moderation" under the options tab > Discussion

I'll look into a spam filter

Bill44's picture
Bill44 2006 June 7

Great idea Graham and congratulations to Maedi for the work.
Maybe we will get a few more members to become active, I'm starting to become embarrased at the amount of posting I'm doing in an attempt to keep the forum active.

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 June 7

Bill....at least your breads turn out great. Mine are hits and misses.

Great job, Maedi!

Question: I tried to log in yesterday to post a comment but wasn't successful. Do I use the same login name and password or do I have to register somewhere?

Graham's picture
Graham 2006 June 7

Don't be embarrassed about all those contributions Bill. Actually Maedi and I were going to ask our regular posters if they would like to be moderators in the forum, so they can spend even more of their precious time on the site. Why should chembake be the only moderator !

But the blogs could make it easier for regulars who could just 'point' to their blog rather than having to keep repeating things. And with any luck one of the regulars will blog a decent beginner's page before the site's official beginner's page is finished.

Graham

forno 2006 June 8

[quote="Bill44"]
Great idea Graham and congratulations to Maedi for the work.
Maybe we will get a few more members to become active, I'm starting to become embarrased at the amount of posting I'm doing in an attempt to keep the forum active.
[/quote]

LOL, I should spend more time baking than posting (I ahve over 2k posts in a couple of months on another forum)

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 June 9

Suggestion: To make it easier to access, could you include Blog into the page heading titles...after Home|Forum|Gallery|Shop?

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 June 15

You're very efficient, Maedi! What happened to 'Shop'?

I couldn't resist having [url=http://titch.sourdough.net.au/]my little corner[/url] in the Blogs you so nicely set up.

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 June 18

Thanks TeckPoh

Shop felt it was time to step down and give way to Blog...oh..and, only so many characters are allowed to be put in that menu area, for technical reasons. That will soon change when we roll out a new look for sourdough.com.au.

Thanks
Maedi

Already a member? Login