I have recently acquired a grain mill and have started on the long, slow road to learning how to mill.
Was just wondering if anyone with some experience would be happy to give me some tips on getting started. In particular:
- Do you sift/sieve/bolt your flour? If so what do you use? If in Australia can you recommend a product to use?
- Do you temper your grain in water? If so what mill do you use and do you know if this can be done with all mills or only certain types without damaging the mill?
- How many passes do you make through the mill for say an everyday baking flour? Do you sift in between passes?
- Can you recommend to me any resources either online or in book form that could assist me?
- Any other beginners tips you learnt that really helped you when you started?
Thanks a lot in advance.