Finally found a baking schedule that allows me to bake a good slowbaked rye.
I wasn't quite happy with my old recipe and inspired by Bill's wonderful light rye loaves I decided to sift some of the wholewheat rye flour. This lead to the conclusion that I need a flour sifter!
And this is the bread:[img]http://www.sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4879-1/x061017_rug.jpg[/img]
It does seem lighter than my previous bread. And it smells so good! (I have still to taste it).
I'm not sure if it's a bit overproved, it dough was more active than I expected...
I'm also working with the "problem" that my starter is too active for a 24 hour bulkfermentation of the sponge.
So this time I put the sponge in the fridge after 8 hours at room temperature and left it there for another 16 hours. The sponge turned out nice and sour and with lots of air in it, but not extremely sour.
Next time I'll try to add the salt in the sponge as some recipes recommend and see if that will slow down the fermentation a bit. Or I could try not activating the starter like I do now (I feed it twice 12 hours apart).