TeckPoh,,,,,, Gorgeous.

qahtan

TeckPoh I have just take a trip through your site of cakes and breads etc.

What a joy to see, thank you for showing........ qahtan

Category: 
up
247 users have voted.

Replies

chembake 2006 May 27

[quote]
...that's why there's still a fridgeful of it , fighting for space with chocolates...
[/quote]

Herbs and chocolates ...might be a good combination..

If you can get back to tai chi and let the CHI flowing in your body again (they way when you were younger, it will help alleviate your osteo problems)) maybe you can retain the flesibility and vigor to do ( your stuff better..baking I mean.. as well as your other activity

Look when I practice tai chi in the park..my class mates are old people one of them is already past 80 years old and surprisingly is still agile and has good fluidity in movement and in fact he can do good pushing hands practice with people half his age!

BTW yang style is good ,whether its the short 24 steps , or the 32, the 48, the 78, or the complete 108 steps is welll suited for different age groups as it does not strain your body much if compared to the Chen style tai chi. whose quick movement (somewhat similarto the Wu Tang style) is better suited for younger individuals....

SourYumMum's picture
SourYumMum 2006 May 29

Hi Bill,

I had a carpal tunnel 'release' after my first son was born and the relief was glorious. Have had no problems at all since then. You will go on to knead great breads!

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 May 22

Shucks! You are too kind. Afraid my 'interest' has now shifted to Breads and Photography...I now decorate cakes only once in a blue moon because I just can't fit it into my schedule this year. Still...will be cramming in 2 special cakes this coming weekend...a Cinderella slipper on a cushion and an aeroplane.

But all I wanna do now is make bread!!!!

qahtan 2006 May 22

Post pictures please.....

I can understand you wanting to just make bread, :-))) cake decorating is very time consuming, I have done a little in the past but not on your scale, but I can appreciate the time and love that you have put into your cakes. qahtan

chembake 2006 May 25

[quote]
But all I wanna do now is make bread!!!!
[/quote]

Its good for your health too specially if you do hand kneading...no need to go to aerobic class as you had already done your workout

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 May 25

Another benefit of bread-making!....except I don't knead bread anymore. I do the 10-sec kneads and fold and turns. In fact, I knead fondant more than I knead bread. Now, [i]that[/i] is a work-out.

Nope, being a mom to 3 kids is work-out enough. Lost 10 lbs since the beginning of this year due to rushing tight schedules.

Bill44's picture
Bill44 2006 May 25

[quote="TeckPoh"]
Another benefit of bread-making!....except I don't knead bread anymore. I do the 10-sec kneads and fold and turns. In fact, I knead fondant more than I knead bread. Now, [i]that[/i] is a work-out.
[/quote]

I save that technique for doughs above about 65% hydration, anything below that I still knead.

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 May 25

Bill, do you do that for the 'joy' of kneading and also for the fact that lower-hydration breads are easier to knead...or are there other pertinent reasons?

Bill44's picture
Bill44 2006 May 25

Hi TP, I love the stretch and fold method myself but I feel that the lower hydration doughs need the knead (thats a mouthfull) to bring them together properly and to develop the dough.
I don't do it for the enjoyment, believe me, I have Carpal Tunnel problems in both wrists which will require surgery soon and will put me out of action for a minimum of six weeks.

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 May 25

Right..will bear that in mind when I make a lower hydration bread.

Sorry to hear about the CTS. Do let us know when the surgery is, so we can send some positive vibes. I don't have very good hands myself...that's why I'm drastically slowing down on decorating cakes. I think it could be osteo-arthritis...haven't gone for a diagnosis yet. My hands bruise easily.

chembake 2006 May 25

[quote]
I think it could be osteo-arthritis...haven't gone for a diagnosis yet. My hands bruise easily.
[/quote]

Have you attended some tai chi and chi kung session...? It may alleviate your suffering.... and improve your energy level..

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 May 25

When I was half my age , I went through the whole course of tai chi...great stuff for sweating it out. Tks for the reminder, I think I remember some movements.

Nope...now I don't have time for proper sessions. Energy level's fine...taken care of by a fridgeful of chinese herbs.

chembake 2006 May 25

Yes, taichi does not have any age preference....young or old its good to be practiced....It makes me strong for my job.....and I don't get tired easily ..even after 12 hours of work1

BTW
Are you doing the yang style, the wu or chen...?

My sifu used to give me some herbal potion to massage after a heavy workout...its good!

But dependence on herbs is not as good as with modern medicine. you have to find your natural balance...

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 May 26

[quote]
[quote="chembake"]8)
BTW
Are you doing the yang style, the wu or chen...?

[snip]

But dependence on herbs is not as good as with modern medicine. you have to find your natural balance...
[/quote] [/quote]

Yang style but sifu's surname is Chen.

Nah...I consume herbs, say, only once a week, depending on the needs, whether I need to be cooled, nourished, kept youthful, lol...that's why there's still a fridgeful of it , fighting for space with chocolates...

Already a member? Login