another forum issue

Croc

there is problem with emails coming as thread subscription

last one came with bit of random rubish

copy/past below from outlook

Greetings, Croc.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

A thread to which you have subscribed has been updated.

Roggenvollkornbrot

Don&#039;t mind me but

To view the thread, navigate to http://sourdough.com.au/?q=forum/topic/1092#comment-8333

--

This is an automatic message from Sourdough Companion.

To manage your subscriptions, browse to http://sourdough.com.au/?q=user/247/subscriptions

Category: 
up
371 users have voted.

Replies

Croc 2008 February 12

i had a look at all other notifications and they all seem to be ok so maybe it was just a once off issue.

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2008 February 12
I think the ' character is getting jumbled up in emails, I'll look into it.

Thank's for the heads up Croc, and we're working on those sparks ;)
Danubian's picture
Danubian 2008 February 12
to be having with emails is they are coming a long time after the post has been made, and I've already read the post. The other issue is that the same email alert arrives up to three times at different times of the day with no added post to the relevant topic. I've ignored it up to this point since you posted this thread....
Maedi's picture
Maedi 2008 February 12
Thanks for telling me that Danubian. Let me know of anything else even if it's small, just put it in this thread. When it's sending you emails multiple times without any new posts, do you think it's because one of the posts on that page has been 'edited/updated'?
Danubian's picture
Danubian 2008 February 12
[quote=Maedi]Thanks for telling me that Danubian. Let me know of anything else even if it's small, just put it in this thread. When it's sending you emails multiple times without any new posts, do you think it's because one of the posts on that page has been 'edited/updated'?
[/quote]

No worries, I didn't mention it earlier because I thought you'd have other more important issues to deal with and eventually you'd get to it anyway.

I'm not sure if that's the case with editing, perhaps you're correct, I haven't noticed so I can't say.

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2008 February 13
@Croc. Could you show me an example?
Edit: now I understand, would delete this post but I don't want Danubian to receive another misleading email notification :)

Already a member? Login