With the starter suitable refreshed after its little holiday in the back of the fridge and the last loaf dwindling at an alarming rate, it was back into the flour bin once more.
After theorising about the possibility that the source of heat from the fan contributed to the asymmetric rise and split of my last loaf, the main aim here was to change the heat source. So I went from the bread-baking setting back to the top/bottom heat which would be pure convection/radiant.
The sequence shows the shaped and proven dough, then in the oven at approximate ten minute intervals (sorry about the first one - the camera focussed on the door) and looking down on the finished product.
Unfortunately, I didn't get rid of the split but the oven spring is very uniform. Whilst the result can't be considered proof, I think perhaps that I was right about the heat distribution. Perhaps I will alternate the oven setting for the next few loaves to see if the effect can be reproduced.
Now, all I have to do is get rid of the splitting!