This recipe produces a original bread with a exceptional flavor. The combination of coriender and the flours misture is perfect!
it makes 1 large bread
|sourdough starter active||120 grams||4.24 oz||16.67%|
|grain soy||180 grams||6.35 oz||25.00%|
|rye flour||240 grams||8.47 oz||33.33%|
|spelt flour||240 grams||8.47 oz||33.33%|
|wheat flour||240 grams||8.47 oz||33.33%|
|water||650 grams||22.95 oz||90.28%|
|coriander (powder)||5 grams||0.18 oz||0.69%|
|salt||20 grams||0.71 oz||2.78%|
Total Flour Weight: 720 grams
Percentages are relative to flour weight (flour equals 100%) and every other ingredient is a percentage of this. Flour from the starter is not counted. This recipe was originally in grams and has been converted to other measures.
Glaze: 1 beaten egg and sesame seeds
- Combine the flours and mix well.Mix the starter with 240 grams of water, 240 grams of flour misture and the grain soy.Proof 12 hours at 28 C.Covered.
- After this time, add the coriander and salt in the remaining flour misture.Put the remaining water in poolish and mix well and then add the flour misture.
- Mix and knead during 8 minutes.The dough is a few moist and soft.
- Form 1 ball and let it proofing during 2 hours at the same temperature.
- Punh down and form 1 long loaf.Place on a baking sheet and proof it for 1:30 hours more.
- To glaze: brush the top with beaten egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds.Make 3 or 4 diagonall slashs.
- Bake in a preheated 200 C oven for between 40 and 50 minutes.
- Cool on a rack.
original recipe by eduardo´s baker.