The easiest way to make sourdough is by using a quality starter to begin with. This kit comes with starter developed at Companion Bakery in Tasmania, a sourdough-only bakery (no baker's yeast on site).
The starter is made from Tasmanian Grown RYE flour. Create flavoursome rustic loaves like a true baker with the tools of the trade, a willow cane banneton and professional baker's lame.
Full, easy to read instructions are provided, written by the baker, Graham Prichard. Graham has been baking sourdough since the 1980's and is keen to pass on the secrets of sourdough. He believes that home bakers are able to bake bread that is as good or better than commercial bakeries.
- Sourdough Baking Notes - includes starter ball method as developed at Companion Bakery
- Sourdough Starter - Tasmanian grown RYE
- Tasmanian Grown RYE flour - grown and milled in the highlands of Tasmania
- Grey Sea Salt - unrefined ancient sea salt (lake harvested) from Australia
- Banneton Bread Proofing Basket - willow or plastic (please choose your preferred shape/size below)
What else is required?
Water! (general tap water is usually suitable, however filtered or clean rain/stream water is preferred)
Baking tray or baking stone (baking stone preferred - available from most homewares stores)