The Forum Meet

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh

Jeremy suggested in another thread

[quote]
Tp, Bill, Carla, Carol, [color=indigo]and everybody in the forum[/color], I think we should get together in Sydney with Graham for a forum meeting and bake off!?
[/quote]

Excellent idea! I'm starting this thread for discussion on the time and place and things to do, if it's ok with Graham.

Category: 
up
257 users have voted, including you.

Replies

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 7

Perhaps Maedi can shift some of the suggestions here? Or I can do it?

I've one week school break where I can send the girls off to some camp (he he) in August too. Will need to confirm the date later.

This is exciting!

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 October 7

JEREMY SAID:

I was thinking more in line with a a Graham bakery tour bus, then some eating, and well general cooking and talking? In August in Australia, how's the weather then?

hint, hint!

Jeremy

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 October 7

NORMBAKE SAID:

Hi Jeremy a bus tour would be a good idea, weather in august is ok about 20c 22c not too hot your plum tart looks nice i bet it tasted really nice too.
cheers Normbake

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 7

Tks, Maedi, happy start of school again!

We can start dishing out our requests on what we want Jeremy to cook for us, lol. I can do a dessert and we'll have lots of good bread. Sounds great!

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 October 7

I live to give . It wouldn't let me move posts over individually.

[edit] You want be to remove your posts I copied here from 'Forum Direction'?

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 October 7

[quote]
New postPosted: Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:25 pm Post subject: Reply with quote
I live to give Very Happy . It wouldn't let me move posts over individually.

If I'm canoeing up a tree, how many cupcakes does it take to get to the moon? None, since vests don't have sleeves.
[/quote]
[b]Still wondering Maedi what canoeing and cupcakes have in common? Where is the punch line?
You think Graham is keen on the "oz" fest 2007?[/b]

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 7

[quote="Jeremy"]
[b]Still wondering Maedi what canoeing and cupcakes have in common? Where is the punch line?
[/b]
[/quote]

Answer: None! But doesn't reading that senseless stuff drive you up the wall!!???

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 October 7

I love that joke cause it makes utterly no sense!!

BTW, Graham is liscensed to drive small trucks, including a BUS!
just incase the driver is distracted by us all!

I think Graham would love to come. I'll tell him of this rally of support when he wakes.

Groovy Man

Normbake 2006 October 7

I think I better log off and go to bed have a big day tomorrow at the beach going fishing.
Good nite
Normbake

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 October 8

I was going to cut my hair soon but now I might let it go...

Jeremy, you can still grow a long groovy beard!

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 October 8

If I do that Maedi I will look like a Rabbi!
And that would get into my bicycle gears and well gotta bring the Fuji to ride in Oz!

Jeremy

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 8

No worries. Hair grows at ~ 1 cm per month...10 cm in 10 mths....groovy, baby!

I'll bring a bandana for you, Jeremy. lol, Graham, too.

Graham's picture
Graham 2006 October 8

[quote]
Jeremy: You think Graham is keen on the "oz" fest 2007?
[/quote]

I am keen on the idea but do not know what part of Australia my family and I will be in. It could be Queensland, Victoria or Tasmania. I should know by the end of this week, and can make a suggestion about the venue then.

This get-together is a lovely idea that you have all been considering. The thought is really appreciated...whether it eventuates or not...thank you... and love to all. (I hope it does happen...but such a long way to travel).

Graham

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 October 8

Graham,
I feel like one of those hippie freaks letting my freak flag fly, tell us where and as Jim Morrison said "they will follow!" if not it would be cool just to go for some "shrimp on the barbie!" Jejejejejeje! Tasmania, sounds cool in Hobart! I get this great blue cheese from Oz so damned good!
Are you tossing dice or flipping a coin?
Don't worry with or without bike I am going just to prove I was there, working on the edit, just don't want to cut anything, just too bloody good!
Hey weve got some new people from sourdough Germany and a French guy thanks Markus!

Jeremy

Graham's picture
Graham 2006 October 8

[quote]
Jeremy: Are you tossing dice or flipping a coin?
[/quote]

Well, I have made several proposals to people who own property in different parts of Australia, and we just have to wait and see which one comes our way. Our kids are fairly flexible and ready to move to a new school. But my 12 year old daughter says she will not move to a small country town unless there is a dishwasher in the house and she can look after a horse. I'm not certain which is more important to her. I'm hopeful it is the dishwasher.

Graham

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 8

For those of us who are all set to travel from afar (I must the closest non-oz member...donyeokl beats me by a bit, hey, don, how about it?), I can say we're as flexible as your kids as to the location, Graham. LOL, I did go all the way to sit at the feet of Dan Lepard.

Let's make it happen! Let's bake bread in the stone owen while it's hot!

p/s I'm a/the dishwasher.

Croc 2006 October 8

lets make it in melbourne, good food capital of the world and that americanized sydney.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 October 9

Hey,
we could camp out, hang our hammocks in a tree, just afraid of the deadly snakes and spiders getting on me!

Jeremy

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 9

Uhm....don't think it'll be a Breadbaker Survivor sort of thing, Jeremy. You're really looking forward to some adventure, aren't you?

It was such a wonderful experience being amongst breadbaking enthusiasts at Dan's class, that I'm really looking forward to this.

SourYumMum's picture
SourYumMum 2006 October 9

Melbourne?

The place is FLAT and you will all get lost!

Come to Sydney where there are LANDMARKS and FABULOUS FOOD and HAPPY PEOPLE WITHOUT TINEA (it rains a lot in Melbourne)!

[img]http://sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4809-2/100_1821B+_933+x+419_.jpg[/img]

(TP ... you should not have started this Sydney/Melbourne thing ... it gets ugly!! )

Carol.

Edit: On considering the issue of the GREAT INTERNATIONAL SOURDOUGH BAKE OF 2007 a little further ... and in consideration of Graham's daughter ... I can also vouch for Hobart in Tasmania (great place, Graham, you can't go wrong in Tassie), or also our lovely Hunter Valley here in NSW (both locations amenable to dishwashers and horses)!

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 9

[quote]
(TP ... you should not have started this Sydney/Melbourne thing ... it gets ugly!! Laughing Laughing Laughing )
[/quote]

Duh. (looking innocent) Wasn't me. It was that amphibious guy who pops in now and then to provoke.

Anyway, I'm going to fold my arms and enjoy the show. May the best city wins. Actually, not. All depends on Da Boss.

What's TINEA?

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 9

*cough*...Maedi...not that I'm being inhospitable or anything...I'll be happy to receive guests anytime but...

This board carries 'au' in it? and most importantly....
[size=24]
I want a HOLIDAY!!! [/size]

SourYumMum's picture

TP - foot fungus. I was being facetious and rude to southerners!

Maedi ... Bill44, KazaKhan ... also New South Welshmen.

Croc 2006 October 9

[quote="SourYumMum"]
Melbourne?

The place is FLAT and you will all get lost!

Come to Sydney where there are LANDMARKS and FABULOUS FOOD and HAPPY PEOPLE WITHOUT TINEA (it rains a lot in Melbourne)!

[img]http://sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4809-2/100_1821B+_933+x+419_.jpg[/img]

(TP ... you should not have started this Sydney/Melbourne thing ... it gets ugly!! )

Carol.

Edit: On considering the issue of the GREAT INTERNATIONAL SOURDOUGH BAKE OF 2007 a little further ... and in consideration of Graham's daughter ... I can also vouch for Hobart in Tasmania (great place, Graham, you can't go wrong in Tassie), or also our lovely Hunter Valley here in NSW (both locations amenable to dishwashers and horses)!
[/quote]

i wont go there because it would get ugly, but VIC is so much better than NSW it isn't even funny.
there is only one good thing about sydney but it doesn't count unless you are gay

SourYumMum's picture

TP ... I told you it would get ugly!!!

Melbourne is fabulous if you like DRAINS ... which is what the Yarra River is! A great big smelly DRAIN!

And as there are entire websites devoted to the argument ... I withdraw before it gets personal and takes up far too much of my time!

Carol

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 October 9

If Graham will have me, I also heard Melbourne is a nice place , more [size=24]artisan[/size] and the edit is still on, what a pain! Don't want to cut anything!
Take a look at the lastest, oh hell I will link it! www.stirthepots.com
Some bad technique shot and video as well some ceviche de camaron!

Ta mate!
and a hello to Graham, Oz fest master!

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2006 October 9

I had a look. It's all very very good. Nice Pics, Nice everything. I'm becoming a real 'food follower' and it's all thanks to you folks!

Already a member? Login