say hi to your starter

Croc

they hate to be left alone for too long
due to massive amount of work i didn't have time to bake and my starters stink like pain now
one might live but the other one not only smells bad but it looks really ugly
thanks god melbourne is getting bit of sun last few days (30C tomorrow)
so new starters should be kicking in no time

Category: 
up
292 users have voted, including you.

Replies

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 3

Where did you keep your starters? If they are kept in the fridge, they should be quite happy for months.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 October 3

Yeahcroc,feed them lots of food, ie:water and flour and those critters will behave, i didn't refresh min for almost a moth and boom they were like wild and loose when i let them go for a dough or two, especially bilss gorokan monster, feirce, hey where the hell is Bill, oh and Graham, get us a pic for the site please!

Jeremy

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 3

and ugly? Must be the hooch. Grey stuff, NOT GREEN or any other colour. No problemo, as long as it smells ok.

Croc 2006 October 3

yup ugly as hell
and it wasn't grey
sort of green/blue tones

i'm not sure when i used it last time but it was a while that for sure
i wasn't too happy with both anyway and weather is getting better as i said so no need to panic

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 3

Ugh..toss it. And, scrub the jar real clean. Sterilise even.

You sound rather cool..I would have flipped. Must try making my own starter one of these days...so I won't feel so..so....attached/bonded to my given starters.

Croc 2006 October 3

where i come from using starter that you didn't created yourself if worst then cheating your spouse

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 October 3

I don't see my starter as a spouse....rather they are my babies. One can/should love adopted babies as much as one's own.

Well, it looks like you are treating your 'spouse' casually enough....for her to get into that condition.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 October 3

that is a fascinating way of looking at a starter? Mentioned it once in my blog, don't recall the exact words, most probably a sexual symbolism!
Don't drink the hoootch!

Start your starters ladies an gentlemen!

Bill, u baking?

Jeremy

Already a member? Login