The starter for this loaf is at 100% hydration and the flour in the starter is 1/3 rye and 2/3 white bakers flour.
For 1 x 750g Loaf.
|Ingredient||Weight||US Volume||Bakers Percentage|
|Starter||188 g||6.63 oz||1.47 cups||51.51%|
|Water||199 g||7.02 oz||0.84 cups||54.52% (hydration)|
|White bakers flour||243 g||8.57 oz||1.9 cups||66.58%|
|Rye flour||122 g||4.3 oz||0.96 cups||33.42%|
|Olive oil||11 g||0.39 oz||0.78 tbspns||3.01%|
|Molasses||11 g||0.39 oz||0.78 tbspns||3.01%|
|Salt||7 g||0.25 oz||0.49 tbspns||1.92%|
|Carroway seeds (Optional)||4 g||0.14 oz||0.28 tbspns||1.10%|
Total Weight: 785 grams / 27.69 ounces
Total Flour Weight: 365 grams / 12.87 ounces
Bakers percentages are relative to flour weight (flour equals 100%) and every other ingredient is a percentage of this. Flour from the Starter is not counted. Note: This recipe was uploaded in grams and has been automatically converted to other measures, let us know  of any corrections.
- Mix thoroughly in a bowl, cover with a cloth and let stand 10 minutes.
- Scrape out onto a floured surface and knead for 5 - 6 minutes, yes it will be sticky.
- Scrape the dough off the bench and place in an oiled bowl, cover the bowl with gladwrap and let proove for about 3 1/2 hours. You can do a few stretch and folds in this time.
- Shape your loaf and let proof for about 3 hours, the correct amount of time will be dependant on the temperature and your judgement.
- Bake at 210C for 45 minutes.