Well having more time than cash, and wanting a couple more oval bannetons and three decent boule bannetons instead of the cheap baskets that I have been using for my boules, I decided to make my own.
Well first, finding suitable cane was a time consuming exercise but I did managed to find some, was told that there was 60 metres per kilo but it turns out there was only 40 metres per kilo.
Spent about 4 hours making a timber mould for the oval ones, and in total about 8 hours making the bloody bannetons. Let me tell you, it was a steep learning curve, and I just hope the round ones are a bit easier. I won't be making a mould for them, I'll try my luck freehand.
Well here's some pics. The genuine article from Graham's Store is on the right, and having been through the excercise of making them let me tell you that the ones from Graham are good value.