There has been a bit of interest in this bread as a sourdough. So I have made this recipe which incorporates sour starter in place of baker's yeast.
Enjoy and please share your results! I haven't had a chance to do this yet.
- For proofing/resting times, please use your favorite method of folding/resting.
- Shape into final form, cover and refrigerate overnight ( 8 -12 hours)
- Remove from cold and allow to warm up to room temp for about 2 hours
- Preheat your oven to 430 F and place a tray of water in the bottom rack.
- Bake for 20 minutes then reduce the heat to 400 F and remove the tray of water.
- Bake for another 15 minutes, and remove it from the pan. Place it back in the oven on the rack for another 5 - 10 minutes if the bread is not fully cooked.
- Cool on a wire rack and enjoy!