BBQ Sourdough

Replies

qiuruzheng 2007 August 2

Also my first attempt at adding olives. Tried adding a handful during the last fold and stretch. I used a basic white recipe I found on this site.

qiuruzheng 2007 August 3

Yep, baked in a BBQ. Actually it's made of ceramic (2 inches thick) so kind of like a big pot. It took about 40 minutes to bake. I'm planning on doing this again this weekend and I'll take more photos.

ryanjs 2007 August 22

Wow that’s amazing. That is also quite the nice ceramic barbeque. Does it use charcoal or gas, and does the bread taste any different from a normal oven baked loaf? I may have to try this myself.

qiuruzheng 2007 August 22

I bought the BBQ with the hope that I could use it as a pizza/bread oven, a pit for low and slow and for grilling. So far I've had pretty good success with most things. I bake bread and pizza on the upper rack near the dome to try to simulate a wood fired clay oven.

The model I purchased does not use gas, though they do make one. I've been using compressed carbonized coconut. Here is a link to the website of the vendor who makes the BBQ and the charcoal: http://www.kamado.com/

Bread baked in the BBQ has a subtle smokey flavor when compared to an oven. I have not used wood for bread or pizza though that's next on the list of things to do.

Already a member? Login