Forum Update

Maedi's picture
Maedi

Greetings fellow forum goers

The board has been upgraded to the latest and greatest (phpBB3). Please let me know your thoughts.

Thanks,
Maedi

Category: 
up
236 users have voted.

Replies

chembake 2007 June 11

MADE I i just visited this forum today and I was disgusted.

Aside from smaller text Frankly IMO its crappy.
Its predecessor is far better
Why change the better format with this new lousy one?
BTW
Anyway who gives a damn about an avatar?s location...
As for me,Never had one for ages ....

Hope you can improve it as I improved you name as it does not make sense. to me..far better to call you I MADE or MADE -i

Bill44's picture
Bill44 2007 June 11

I have to say that the previous version was much easier to read and use. I could tell at a glance when there was a new post.

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2007 June 11

Bill, is this mainly due to the new post buttons? I'll change them if you'd like.

Maedi

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2007 June 11

Hmm....the previous version is indeed more friendly. The plus point about this version is the colour which is very pleasant and fresh.

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2007 June 11

I agree TP, but we couldn't of stayed on our previous version as it was beta and there was no support for it. If you don't mind, dot point your negatives of this board, and I'll try and fix them.

Thanks
Maedi

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2007 June 11

Aww...what a shame. A couple of negatives...

1. I'd prefer not to have my cursor highlight cells as it scrolls...that can be kinda distracting.

2. Is there a feature which highlights the latest posts which we have not read? At the moment, I look at the dates for a rough guide.

Cheers.

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2007 June 12

TP the 'new post icons' are still there but there very faint, changing from a blue to a unnoticeable red. Soon when I have some time, I'll make a few changes to the forum. It will be looking fine in no time.

Maedi

bianchifan's picture
bianchifan 2007 June 16

[quote="Jeremy"]Looking good old man![/quote]

Do you all really liki it?

[url=http://www.imagebanana.com/view/f3n9kdh5/saf.JPG][img]http://www.imagebanana.com/img/f3n9kdh5/thumb/saf.JPG[/img][/url]

It bites my eyes like some angryhungry monkeys..
I think I'll need some color filter

btw..what's mattered to my cute avatar..its awful

bianchifan's picture
bianchifan 2007 June 16

Maedi, please don't take it personally!
Keep time, good work will need it.

I've only quoted someone, perhaps he likes it.

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2007 June 16

Don't worry. I don't take it personally. I have more respect for someone when there completely honest, even if it's in the form of quotes.

*Fixed your avatar*

Maedi

nina 2007 June 16

I can't even remember what it used to lok like... I'm so old and senile >_<
I think it looks good, except for the yellow highlighting thing. And the color of the title banner is a bit off and not very easy on the eyes.
Oh and I just noticed today how I can see in the thread if a person is online, how cool is that?!

Maedi's picture
Maedi 2007 June 16

I'm glad you like it nina. I'll fix a few things soon such as the highlighting and the banner, then later give it a whole shiny new look.

bianchifan's picture
bianchifan 2007 June 17

@maedi
Thx!
First of all, very good work, well done!
I was only very surprised, because I didn't conquer the forum since beginning of April

[quote="Nina"]And the color of the title banner is a bit off and not very easy on the eyes.[/quote]
Nina tells same as me, but a little bit mor political correct

nina 2007 June 19

[quote="bianchifan"]Nina tells same as me, but a little bit mor political correct [/quote]
Yes, leave it to me to be the diplomat

Your angryhungry monkeys made me giggle though...

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2007 June 19

Graham, torturing me, no videos!
I used to work in the film department in a library when I was a kid, splicing and all! Can't wait to see the footage! What a bunch of Oz hero bakers you had at Milawa! (envy written on my face!)

Jeremy

Already a member? Login