Some pic and a new interview on my site!

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy

Hey kids,
as promised I have some pics on my site www.stirthepot.org of my vacation as well an interview with none other than Michel Richard of Citronelle in Washington DC (George Dubbya country) I am also posting some bread baking by a friend of my sister in her town!
http://homepage.mac.com/jergra/PhotoAlbum7.html my pics
Please look and go ahead and leave some comments!

Jeremy

Good to be back, where is Graham?

Category: 
up
197 users have voted.

Replies

Graham's picture
Graham 2006 September 6

[quote]
where is Graham?
[/quote]

Hi Jeremy, good to hear from you.

I am on a quick trip to Melbourne/Victoria, catching up with a few bread people. At the moment I am tearing into an olive bread from a new Melbourne bakery, and feeling very guilty because I wanted to take photos of the cross-section before messing it up. But there is not a suitable knife around and I just want to eat. It has such a lovely structure too, full of plump olives.

Good to see you have a new interview. I'm currently on wireless and having difficulty loading the mp3 file, but will listen later on a hard connection. Actually....the file has loaded now. I will have a listen and get back to you later.

BTW. My PM box is full but I will clear it out when I return from this trip.

Graham

Graham's picture
Graham 2006 September 6

Very nice interview Jeremy. Perhaps you are a little hard on yourself in the closing chat? Chefs can be great bakers! Actually 'fennel raisin' sounds like a chef-conceived recipe. Noel is honest about the compromises of going big. I was at a bakery today where the baker was [i]very carefully[/i] making 100 loaves or so a bake. And then last week I was at an off-shoot of a once small bakery. Now it uses 20 tonne of flour a week and the bakers were running around in a focused frenzy. Such a contrast.

Graham

bianchifan's picture
bianchifan 2006 September 6

Hmm, Jeremy, you've picked the best time for visiting Paris, all empty, all Parisians stayin at côte d'aZur , and so it may happen, that one by one some boulangeries are closed just the same to me, when I visited Paris first time.
Don't worry, relaxing in the Tuileries at heat of the day is phantastic, watching people from allover the world at Sacré-C?ur in the late evening laughing, playing music or making nonsens or whatever, it's a great feeling of freedom.
You wanna catch your velo next time? As long as I live I havn't baked it.

..and I never got such wonderful croissants and pain au chocolade as I bought in Paris, perhaps in Bretagne, but Paris..I love this city.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 September 6

Bianchi fan,
Ditto on everything you said, I would love to take my Fuji team bike with me or even my ancient Gios torino to go around Paris or well anywhere in europe! When I was in the army in Stutgart I used to ride down to my fathers home in Allgau, nice ride!
Uh Oh Maedi we now need a bikers page for the baker/riders!

Jeremy

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 September 6

Graham,
Thanks for the input, I hope to get the Red Hen Bakery in vermont on board for an interview soon, the have a great site and there bread and philosophy are right up my alley! The fennel and semolina is a great bread, Amy Scherber is also a great baker and so nice, she gave us a great interview as well as inviting me back to bake on my free time, what free time?

Jeremy

bianchifan's picture
bianchifan 2006 September 6

[quote="Jeremy"]
I used to ride down to my fathers home in Allgau, nice ride!
[/quote]
and you didn't meet [url=http://www.der-sauerteig.com/phpBB2/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=2]Pöt[/url] there?
He runs no bakers/riders side, but sourdoughers/running side

Pöt's picture
Pöt 2006 October 8

[quote="Jeremy"]
No but thanks for the link, actually this was back in the early eighties when I was in Germany! Maybe if you know modern art you have heard of my father? http://www.galerie-schloss-mochental.de Shmuel Shapiro

Tchuss!
Jeremy
[/quote]

Mochental is only 15 km next to me...

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 September 3

Good to have you back.

Your pix are a sheer torture, Jeremy. I don't think I can bear the description of the tastings.

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 September 4

[quote="Jeremy"]
where is Graham?
[/quote]

Have you guys checked out [url=http://graham.sourdough.net.au/]his blog[/url]? Lots of pix on the latest in the Aussie bread scene.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 September 4

Thanks Matthew,
Pass the word! I will be trying to post a small video as I chat with Claudia while she is shaping her dough!

Jeremy

Already a member? Login