What's brotform?

Replies

bianchifan's picture
bianchifan 2006 September 5

Please feel brushed with ostrich feather.. What did you doenloed? Ozi?
There are a couple of proggies used for outdoor navigation, I've tried the one for Pocket PCs..
I meant the jpg on linked side with coordinates..
[url=http://www.pocketnavigation.de/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=11069&sid=82b8e3903c202db6b9ffbfc4ba086c0c]Ozi-PPC Picture with coordinates[/url], no minutes, but decimal minutes

in Google my balcony has following dates: 51°15'06.97" N; 7°06'50.19"

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 September 5

I got it! Very clear too. I see it's NE of Cologne where I've got a very good online friend. She has invited me to stay with her time and time again before we take a nice drive over to England. She's English marrried to a German. I might just do that end of next year.

Yup, I downloaded the Ozi Explorer, but I didn't have the patience to figure out how to use it.

bianchifan's picture

Yes, it's quite near Cologne..

[quote="TP"]
where I've got a very good online friend
[/quote]
Hmm, let me guess a little..may it be ..this [url=http://www.kunstamkuchen.de/Links/links.html]tiny cookie-friend[/url]?

There is a tiny small link to "http://www.tpcalcake.com/", a Malaysian cookie artist par exellance..

your such tiny, shanghai-schroeder bold and fat..

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 September 5

Bianchi! I'm impressed with your sleuthing skills. I must thank you for showing me those links. Di Lieser hasn't updated my site url...that's my old one. Must let her know. And, I didn't know I was linked to Shanghai.

I thought kuchen was cake?

bianchifan's picture

Ok, let me tell you something, I know Di's "artoncake" since 2 years, I think.
When carla enticed me into here, I stumbled over your www and found..cake art. What lies nearer.. looking at your listed links I found "Kunstamkuchen"..the rest is...what should I say..

chembake 2006 September 1

[quote]
Is it an english word? I've never heard or read about it
[/quote]

Brotform? used to be german word for bread molds...

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 September 1

For people who live in this neck of the woods, shipping IS exorbitant. Last month, I bit the bullet and got 6 baskets (4 of them pulp) from them....Graham didn't have the smallest sizes I want.

What I paid:

bannetons 27,00 EUR
H&S 40,00 EUR
sum 67,00 EUR
4% paypal fee 2,70 EUR
----------------------

Ordering sum:69,70

OWCHH!! but

FlourGirl 2006 September 1

Hi Bianchi,

being German I thought you'd know the word
While it's not the most commonly used word with German bakers, you wouldn't want to teach these guys words like Gärkörbchen ... Everyone is battling enough with owen and ofen

As for the cost - airmail from Germany to Australia up to 2 kg costs EUR 12.90 which does not include any handling fees.

EUR 18.90 is at today's rates about AUD 32 - so no real saving

Besides, last time I looked to order some and have them sent to my parents in Germany, they wouldn't let you buy 1 or 2, but had a minimum quantity (I have forgotten the exact number - maybe that's why TP got 6?) And not everyone needs or wants that many.

I ended up buying mine retail in a kitchenware place in Munich - YES they do sell them retail! I was rather surprised!

I think it's a great service that Graham has them available here on the forum, easy tp obtain for anybody.

cheers, -FlourGirl

bianchifan's picture
bianchifan 2006 September 2

TP
H&S 40,00 EUR
I've feared so. Several years ago I ordered a superb souncard from USA, cause it was exorbitant expensive in Germany, H&S&T were more than 200 DM (> 100 EUR), don't know exactly amount any more, but I saved almost about 500 DM (~250 EUR) towards ordering at MM, Berlin

Hi FlourGirl,
nice to meet you in here!
Much greetings to DownUnder!
What's the matter with you?
You registered at Pöt, annouced introducing some discovered works like proving in fridge and ... bang, vanished like a Fata Morgana ...
And DieterB? You registered some day, that was all

[quote="FlourGirl"]
And not everyone needs or wants that many.
[/quote]
wopa seems to posess about 27? in Sep. last year
Myself? None. Pizza don't need any proving basket, a few baguettes may raise in couche

[quote="FlourGirl"]
I think it's a great service that Graham has them available here on the forum
[/quote]
Its Graham? I guessed it would be a commercial spot.

carla's picture
carla 2006 September 2

FlourGirl wrote [url=http://sourdough.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2360&highlight=#2360][b]here[/b][/url]

[quote="FlourGirl"]
On the German Sourdough Forum I read, I have seen people make the statement, that they don't have the time to go to the search function and work through the hits, they rather ask. I consider THAT approach rude.
I am definitely enjoying this forum, the passion and the experimenting that goes with it.
The Germans have much more of a 'This is the way it works, we have done it like this for centuries' approach. Not so enlightening.
[/quote]

Maybe that answers your question bianchifan?

FlourGirl 2006 September 2

Hi Bianchi, Carla,

You guys areboth very observant And thanks, Carla, for quoting me, I had forgotten I had written that

I am not a particularly talkative one in any forum.

I suppose while I am constantly learning, I still don't feel I actually KNOW enough to share. Most question can be answered by looking around, rather than asking the same thing again.
I suppose I prefer being more of an observer most of the time - hope nobody minds

I know Wopa has lots & lots of bannetons, but he is rather unique in his baking, wouldn't you agree? I definitely don't need that many in my little kitchen

cheers, FlourGirl

carla's picture
carla 2006 September 2

[quote="FlourGirl"]
I know Wopa has lots & lots of bannetons, but he is rather [b]unique[/b] in his baking, wouldn't you agree?
[/quote]

Yes it is a shame his english is not better - he would certainly bring a bit of pizzazz into this forum

bianchifan's picture
bianchifan 2006 September 2

I beg your pardon, madams,

I hadn't read any thread and any post...

@Flourgirl
wopa is wopa, he perfected his technique of shaping being supported by some professionials in another forum which doesn't exist any more, but we are not in here to talk about wopa

I just wanna entice you, Flourgirl, to come along out of your guard , to enrich the plurality of views, excuse me please.

Have a good time.

Croc 2006 September 2

[quote="FlourGirl"]
On the German Sourdough Forum I read, I have seen people make the statement, that they don't have the time to go to the search function and work through the hits, they rather ask. I consider THAT approach rude.
I am definitely enjoying this forum, the passion and the experimenting that goes with it.
The Germans have much more of a 'This is the way it works, we have done it like this for centuries' approach. Not so enlightening.
[/quote]

i find it rude for anyone to tell people how to use forums
some like to search some don't, some don't know how to use search all that well.
i myself always do search but when you search some keywords there could be so many hits that it is just plain idiotic to ask someone to read them all, i do check first few hits but if i don't see it i'm going to ask, if it is something simple than nobody would care much about posting reply even if it was something that people mentioned 10000 in past.

also with young forums what you asking for is recipe for killing the forum.
we here to chat, learn and have fun and not use SEARCH all the time.

FlourGirl 2006 September 3

Hi Croc,

I am not asking for anything! And I am not telling people how to use a forum. In fact I was trying to make a similar point to you - everybody to their own.

I suppose referring to a story on another forum, which you all don't know didn't work too well. I don't want to discourage anybody from asking - and yes often it is difficult to find something.
The story I was referring to, was somebody asking something, then being referred to the search function - and she then came back, saying that she didn't have the time to search. She was basically EXPECTING people to help her - and that they would have the time to write up all the advice (again) in their spare time. This demanding attitude, got up my nose a bit.

However, I haven't seen this in this forum at all, so it's very off topic. I was just trying to make the point that there is the other extreme as well and it needs to be a balance.
Probably didn't work too well. Sorry!

Just keep going guys ...

cheers, -FlourGirl

Bill44's picture
Bill44 2006 September 3

I agree with you Flourgirl, some people expect to have all the work done for them. Wait until you get someone that you have done all the work for and then have them want to argue about it. That really gets up my nose.

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 September 3

Hey, Flourgirl! Always happy to see you pop up?out? now and then. (Using another computer and having trouble inserting waving emoticon).

bianchifan's picture
bianchifan 2006 September 3

Hey, croc, you're not meant, you are out oforder
for example quite fresh:
(Exp. forum containes detailled descriptions of basic techniques like kneading, shaping..)
Q: How do I knead? I've tried anything but it doesn't so as I lwant.
A (by carla- much thanks to you):
please look at..threads and links are listed.
A (by Questioner): I've seen them, they doen't helpme. Please, how do I knead?

Compri?

What shall I tell to such a person?
Shall i link a phantastic video showing dough kneading by hands?
So as I learned?
He/she/it will ask once more time: How do I knead...

bianchifan's picture

Have a little look here, please. It was a Jaguar, quattro-brakes...2m in front when fully breaking, I was riding at about 36 km/h, crash at about 32 km/h

Wuppertal is easy to find, there is a nice little tool you can find anybody named google earth, ok, nearly anybody.
carla is hard, awful resolution, TP, can be better, me, google shows my balcony, what a cheek!

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 September 3

Gosh...if your bike is in that condition, was there any damage to you? Are you bionic now?

Google is lousy for my area...can't zoom in near...and outdated. Your balcony? Wow! Your coordinates, please.

bianchifan's picture

[quote="TeckPoh"]
Google is lousy for my area.....and outdated.
[/quote]

you may search [url=http://www.pocketnavigation.de/board/thread.php?threadid=46714&threadview=0&hilight=&hilightuser=0&page=3]here[/url]

Tipp: OziExplorer, nice Aussie-Proggie

Already a member? Login