New Favicon

Did you notice the cute little jar of starter at the side of the url? If you can't see it, you have to clear your cache. Good job again, Maedi!

74 comments

No, dearie. This coming weekend. My baking frenzy starts tomorrow. Fun!

[quote="carla"]
How can a spelt muffin be a nicer avatar
[/quote]

....if it looks like Bill's!

Wink

TP ... if I tried to sit like that my knees would snap!!!

Was this the weekend that your buns were making an appearance?

I mean, your baked goods??

Embarassed

I bet they lasted 10 seconds as the greedy hordes descended!

Smile

Carol.

[quote="TeckPoh"]
Hubby's comment was I looked 'fierce' in the pic.

Mad

If my muffin turns out nice tomorrow, that shall be my avatar.
[/quote]

No you didn't look fierce - you were concentrating on something that was being said!
How can a spelt muffin be a nicer avatar than such a lovely pic of yourself?

Ahh...Carla....I owe you a drink/recipe/anything!! Lovely I am not.

Embarassed

Hubby's comment was I looked 'fierce' in the pic.

Mad

If my muffin turns out nice tomorrow, that shall be my avatar. Yay...got my spelt and granary flours. However, NEVER send flour by mail...EVER. Crazy expensive. *kiss* for my Bread Angel.

Ah TP you look lovely on that photo on page 4.

Very Happy

Why don't you put it in here as your avatar?

If you were a fly, I'd swallow you.........BURPPP! Excuse me.

I knew I was fair game by pointing you ppl there.

Puplexed

TP!
How do you keep yourself involved with so much stuff!!!!! I hope this doesn't take you away from this site!More bread!

Jeremy

Oh my...hey, TP..is it you sitting like a frog on ....

duck and cover and ..[img]http://de.geocities.com/bian_chi_fan/runner.gif[/img]

Oh yeah.....let's partaaaeeeeeee!!

I'm sure in the mood. [size=18][color=orange]A big THANK YOU to Maedi for my very own favicon.[/color][/size] It's up!
[size=9]
BTW, if you guys are curious enough, you can see me on [url=http://www.lensamalaysia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2417&page=4]page 4[/url] and page 9. [/size]

Wink

[quote="SourYumMum"]
I'd be in that!

I reckon you could be tempted to join in, Bill!

Laughing

[/quote]
You wouldn't have to twist my arm very much.

Laughing

I'd be in that!

I reckon you could be tempted to join in, Bill!

Laughing

..and [size=18]O[/size][b]w[/b]en is a masculine first name..

Aaaahh...that bit of history helps.

But that was then and this is now. V and W are now poles *sic* apart.

[quote="TeckPoh"]
Ya know...somehow o[color=red]f[/color]en is more acceptable to me than o[color=red]w[/color]en, with v being closer to f in sound.
[/quote]

where i come from v and w not just close to each other but they identical sounds, v is not really used in polish, it does exist in polish ABC but is not used in any words but the Viktor and Viktoria, i struggle to think of any other words that use V also those names are "modern" nonsense and could be as well be Wiktor and Wiktoria

Bake Me !

Take 1 TP and 1SYM and 1 bottle of wine, stir well and stand back.

Laughing

Laughing

Laughing

I do hope you meant DARK, TP, and not DORK!

Laughing

Laughing

Laughing

Laughing

Laughing

Laughing

Laughing

Although both could very well be true!

Rolling Eyes

Laughing

Laughing

Laughing

Laughing

Yeah...soon we'll be aka SourDork.com.au?...but methinks we'll be kicked outta here long before then.

AaaaaaAAAAAAAAHHHH! The DAWK side is too strong!!!!!!

(slapdown)

I know TP, I was being vewy, vewy lazy. Forgive me.

Crying or Very sad

[quote="SourYumMum"]
And between Croc and Bianchifan ... sheesh!
Maedi ... we might need a 'translations' thread!
[/quote]

Oh Ca[b]w[/b]ol!

"Ofen" is just the German word for oWen!

Maybe I have to translate for bianchi? What would you like to know??

Hi Carla,

I was just joking ... I think my own translations of Croc and Bianchifan are quite entertaining!

Laughing

Ya know...somehow o[color=red]f[/color]en is more acceptable to me than o[color=red]w[/color]en, with v being closer to f in sound.

The spider maki has soft shell crab, avocado, cucumber and fish roe in it. Didn't make that. We had that for lunch on Sunday at Ozeki, one of the best Japanese restaurant in KL. Hubby works in the same building (little white building just next to the left tower in my pic); he dines there often so they know him well. We were given a big plate of free edamame. LOL, I won't torture you guys with pix of the full spread. Maki is not difficult to make...just need the mat and very fresh ingredients if you're putting raw stuff inside. Like you, CaRol, I try to expose my kids to all kinds of food.

Here's another of my pet peeve, and it's directed at dear CaRol. Blog and Forum are not the same thing. [i]Blog[/i] is a web log and a diary of sorts. We are now posting in an online [i]board[/i] or [i]forum[/i].

I'm sure if you google, you'll find your local photography forum. Sure, you can go to [url=http://www.lensamalaysia.com/forum/index.php]the one I go to[/url] but you may have to wade through our Manglish. That forum is very friendly to newbies...some photo forums are very high-brow.

Bianchi....I'd be biased if I tell you about [color=red]M[/color][color=cyan]y[/color] [color=olive]P[/color][color=orange]r[/color][color=violet]e[/color][color=cyan]c[/color][color=indigo]i[/color][color=blue]o[/color][color=orange]u[/color][color=darkblue]s[/color]. If you like, you could browse through (very quickly, just ignore the OTs) [url=http://www.lensamalaysia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2161]this thread[/url]. Leonard and jimjim are also Minolta users.

And, I'm totally computer-challenged...dunno how to insert that cute little favicon.

Confused

TP - is there ANYTHING you can't do?

Your photos are just [i][b]beautiful[/b][/i] ... your dog is handsome, your city is fantastic, and that thingy is the middle is great (I'm assuming you've posted the recipe in recipes - other!). My sons have been raised to choose hosomaki and the like over Maccas, which I am very proud of. Yesterday, 4year old son asked for a RAW salmon sushi to try ... and loved it! HOORAY!!!!!!!

Is the photography blog worth sharing with us? I'd love to learn to take better photos. (I'd love to learn to draw, to cook, to dance ... )

And between Croc and Bianchifan ... sheesh!

Maedi ... we might need a 'translations' thread!

Razz

CaWol.

[quote="TeckPoh"]
...taken advantage of.
[/quote]

its clear she asked for it

Bake Me !

Hey TP,where's your nice little favicon maedi designed for you?
I see..nothing, and on blog..sourdough's ones..

I think, I need a recipe from you, I've found a photo from a maki up there, I'm great sushi fan.
Congretulations! Looks great, extraordinary.

May you please tell me something about your Sony?
I've been on Minolta as laong as I have my own camaras, 1 st was XD7, unfortunately Minolta died in spring this year. Using my old glasses I'll need a Sony, I guess. The examples on alpha-homepage doesn't satisfy me really. The lights seems tol erode and the darks seems to be drawned as they do on any other digital camara. I know, my requirements are little bit high.
But new Nikon costs about 4500 Euro and I havn't any objective..some thousand Euro once more, its tooooo much expensive for me.
..better a new o[color=red]f[/color]en

Wink

Oooooh TP. What nice pics, and such a lovely water mark. Are you part of some exclusive photography site by chance?

Shucks

Embarassed

thanks, Maedi. I'm just a newbie...but I've joined a local forum which is very friendly and helpful (quite like this one). Going for a newbie shoot at a park this Saturday.

That's my dog, Baker.

Very Happy

Amazed that I managed to capture him because he's never still! And, that's a spider maki...yum! And, the KL City Centre Twin Towers which I shot from the 32nd floor of a hotel.

TP, if it were not for quarantine I would offer you big money for a daughter of Baker, he's gorgeous.

Yes, 4-yr old Baker is a rather unique-looking mix. He is medium-sized; his mother's a cocker spaniel who wandered out one day to have a good time and got...taken advantage of.

[img]http://static.flickr.com/90/229925928_a8f8b94103.jpg[/img]

BTW, Bill, you're very sharp to have caught the remark about my new toy.

Here's a favicon TP. You might like to use it until something else comes along.

[img]http://sourdough.com.au/tp.png[/img]
or
[img]http://sourdough.com.au/tp2.png[/img]

Drop it in the root of your sites directory and rename to, favicon.ico .

Ooooo....tks, Maedi! That's so cute. And, I love orange too (and plum, hint hint).

Now, I've to figure out your instructions.

That's okay. Dont thank me, it's your sites colour scheme.

Yup....got the Sony Alpha in the end, because a friend could get it for me at a good price. And, according to quite a few people, the kit lens are very good compared to the other 2 biggies. Since, I don't think I'll be getting extra lenses so soon, and also because it has a very good steady shot feature, I went for it. I'm in love. Here are a couple of shots I took with it....sorry Maedi...we seem to be filling a lot of OT time in btw bakes.

[img]http://static.flickr.com/90/229883519_3a78469b2d.jpg[/img]

[img]http://static.flickr.com/91/229883520_073ca623fa.jpg[/img]

[img]http://static.flickr.com/97/229883517_9d4decf29f.jpg[/img]

All taken hand-held. And, I shake.

sign
TP
Photographer for Hire

Wink

[pssssst] That sort of campaigning will send you in the direction of a moldy starter jar. If you just THINK for a sec and do some easy maths, you'll see that non-Aussie regulars outnumber Aussie regulars. You 're in for a clobbering time! [/pssssst]

i didn't say all
i said all UNNECESSARY

i maybe can't spell well but it is clear someone got problems with reading

Razz

Bake Me !

Oh, I skipped that word when I read it, BECAUSE IT WAS SPELLED CORRECTLY....so I reckon that you mustn't have comprehended that word.

[quote="TeckPoh"]
[color=green] I've just got my new toy and would have a field day shooting in your yard. [/color]
[/quote]

Okay TP, give us the details.

[quote="TeckPoh"]
If I were a moderator, I'd make sure 'unnecessary' posts and bad bad spelling get zapped out of here and blasted to the Unplanet Pluto.
[/quote]

if i was a mod, i'd make sure this forums stay dedicated to aussie bakers and all unnecessary non australian members get zapped out of here

Laughing

Bake Me !

Eeew, Maedi! Not THE sample jar!

Don't mind them...they only know how to bake good breads.

And, no...not a hint of a hint there. But, it was effective in clamming some spammer up....somewhat.

Cool

I've redone the starter icon. I hope this new model puts to rest any doubts as to what it is.

[img]http://sourdough.com.au/urine.png[/img]
Effective, I know.

Wink

[quote="TeckPoh"]
If I were a moderator, I'd make sure 'unnecessary' posts and bad bad spelling get zapped out of here and blasted to the Unplanet Pluto.
[/quote]

Are you hinting something TP?

[color=green]I'm really jealous! How beautiful! Do they have a fragrance ? I've just got my new toy and would have a field day shooting in your yard. My garden has weeds, a few lilies and bouganvillea and more weeds. The roses get burnt very soon after they bloom. I've to beg insects to be my models. [/color]

The Geraldton Wax has a very slight perfume ... but the rock orchids (bottom photo), which are flowering like crazy at the moment, smell beautiful ... if you can imagine such a thing I guess a bit like a cross between honey and baby powder ... not sickly, but really nice. I have two large-ish clumps in pots ... one that I inherited from my aunt when she died last year, the other from my late grandmother, so they are very special to me.

Good, isn't it! I don't have a large yard but I sure shove lots of edibles in it!

I have been getting the vegie gardens ready for spring (bags and bags of cow poo) ... and picked some nice cos lettuce for lunch.

This year I'm throwing in some 'perilla' seeds. I don't know what it is other than apparently it is used in some Japanese food. Also new to my garden this year 'tree onions' (or Egyptian onions), 'riesentraube' tomatoes (tiny little things) ... a few other odds and sods.

I was just putting some photos on the web this morning of a few flowers in my garden. It has been a mild winter and the garden is already full of flowers!

My snap peas are about 8 feet high ... much to the chagrin of the boys who can't reach them!

Smile

[img]http://sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4633-2/100_1697+_942+x+707_.jpg[/img]
[img]http://sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4634-1/100_1698+_600+x+450_.jpg[/img]
[img]http://sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4638-2/100_1695+_942+x+707_.jpg[/img]

(smells fishy).

Just having some light salad for lunch (after 3 pieces of apple hazelnut pizza this morning). Have to go check the fridge....[color=green]unlike some people who can just pick from their backyard bounty.[/color]

Carol - I'm about to have lunch....don't want to know what your hubby said.

Favicon = favourite icon. Learned that from Maedi. Yeah! I must come up with one for my site too. Any suggestions?

TP - I wouldn't tell you.

But I DO want to know what you're having for lunch!!!

I've gone on a diet ... sheesh. Actually, I've become a guinea pig for a medical research project at the University! But I figure it will be really good motivation and encouragement for me to give it a good go, as well as helping the researchers.

Have to take 6 gigantic capsules a day of what could be either fish oil or Sunola oil (I reckon mine are fish oil) ... and it goes on for 12 weeks!

I will report more later!

Smile

TP - you wouldn't say that if I had actually stated just what it was my husband said! Blergk!

Bill - I purchased a spare ... just in case.

Mick - I'd never heard the term 'favicon' either!

But it is very nice!

Carol.

Ahem.

Actually, I have been leaving it in the oWen all the time ... and popped a little turkey roast on it.

crack.

Smile

What's a favicon?

Mick