Paleskins.

Bill44's picture
Bill44

Very pale...yes. Mistake......no.

Being too wet to go and watch my grandaughter play netball I decided to stock up the freezer with stuff to eat with a meal. Dinner rolls and mini baguettes to eat with spag bol, casserole, soup, etc.

Yes they do look pale, and the reason for this is I have done them up like the "Bake at Home" stuff you can buy at the supermarket. They are cooked, but not as far as usual. I freeze them, and when I want to use them it's just a quick nuke in the microwave and then into a hot oven for 10-15 minutes. Instant hot dinner rolls/garlic bread/crusty loaf/etc etc.

[img]http://www.sourdough.com.au/gallery/d/4242-1/new_Freeze+002.jpg[/img]

Category: 
up
224 users have voted.

Replies

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 July 16

Funny thing Bill, my last interview they do the same thing,it's called par-bake!

Jeremy

northwestsourdough's picture
northwestsourdough 2006 July 16

Such a nice interesting idea, Bill. So resourceful. I might have to try that! Your bread already looks tasty and it isn't even browned yet. I like your new avatar, so "sharp" and so apt after last weeks threads!
Teresa

Bill44's picture
Bill44 2006 July 16

Hey Jeremy, when are you going to put it up on your site, the last one I can see is from JH.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 July 16

Like with everything else, it's editing time, and the electricity and computer have been on the fritz for a week, and we have a heat wave! Besides that I started your starter and I still haven't gotten mine out yet, a very rough week let me tell you, I apologize!

Jeremy

Bill44's picture
Bill44 2006 July 16

[quote="northwestsourdough"]
Such a nice interesting idea, Bill. So resourceful. I might have to try that! Your bread already looks tasty and it isn't even browned yet. I like your new avatar, so "sharp" and so apt after last weeks threads!
Teresa
[/quote]
I like to be at the "Cutting edge" of things, so to speak.

nina 2006 July 16

Brilliant idea Bill. They look good even if they're pale. I like the thought of being able to prepare something out of the freezer in no time without having to compromise with the quality. Yummy

Already a member? Login