Jeremy's Miche

nina

I had a go at Jeremy's Miche recipe using spelt and graham flour (and less water).
We ate almost half of it for dinner with salami, ham and cheese - quite impressive considering 'we' are me, hubby and my 3 year-old daughter
The taste was fantastic!
I'm ashamed to say I really mutilated the bread with my poor slashing skills. And no, I didn't use a chainsaw for slashing
I'll have to practice to make this bread as beautiful as Jeremy's...

Here you go:
[img]http://home20.inet.tele.dk/desdemona/misc/x060712_miche7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://home20.inet.tele.dk/desdemona/misc/x060712_miche12.jpg[/img]

Category: 
up
231 users have voted.

Replies

Bill44's picture
Bill44 2006 July 13

Well Nina, by the look of it I can understand why half of it dissapeared for dinner, looks good.
Funny how loaves dissapear like that, my wife and I demolished half a rye loaf with dinner last night too.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 July 13

Hi Nina,
Nice loaf, why don't you get one of Bills Sweeney Todd slicers!
Did you get the other formulas I sent?

Jeremy

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 July 13

Hi teresa,
I have it as well and had a personal dedication, the damned thing has been used so much that it is splitting in the middle!

Jeremy

nina 2006 July 13

Jeremy, I'd love to get my hands on Bill's lame (ok why does that sound so WRONG ) but alas there's no room in my budget right now for internet shopping.
And I'm afraid my problem isn't the tool I'm using but my technique - or lack of it. I'll just have to practice, practice, practice...

Yes I got your mails, thanks a lot!
Hehe, love your new avatar

northwestsourdough's picture
northwestsourdough 2006 July 13

[quote="nina"]
Jeremy, I'd love to get my hands on Bill's lame (ok why does that sound so WRONG ) but alas there's no room in my budget right now for internet shopping.
And I'm afraid my problem isn't the tool I'm using but my technique - or lack of it. I'll just have to practice, practice, practice...

Yes I got your mails, thanks a lot!
Hehe, love your new avatar
[/quote]

I can tell you from experience, that Bill's lame is great! (Why does that sound so wrong too ??)I love how adjustable it is and how you can angle the blade whichever way suits your fancy, Gee this does sound bad...sorry Bill.
Teresa

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 July 13

Yum! Great job, Nina!

[quote="northwestsourdough"]
I can tell you from experience, that Bill's lame is great! (Why does that sound so wrong too ??)I love how adjustable it is and how you can angle the blade whichever way suits your fancy, Gee this does sound bad...sorry Bill.
Teresa
[/quote]

I think it sounds good *insert look of all innocence, whatever Carol may say*. Power to Bill's lame performance! Yeah!!

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 July 13

Ladies,
I recall an interview with a certain bread baker where I mentioned sexual symbolism in bread baking, this cuts deep into the mystery of those subliminal and ageless metaphors!

Jeremy

northwestsourdough 2006 July 13

[quote="Jeremy"]
Ladies,
I recall an interview with a certain bread baker where I mentioned sexual symbolism in bread baking, this cuts deep into the mystery of those subliminal and ageless metaphors!

Jeremy
[/quote]

You are probably right Jeremy, however, I believe we were only trying to make Bill smile....and I bet he has a pretty big grin on his face right now...eh Bill???
Teresa

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 July 14

Teresa,
I am no prude, don't worry I think you all are envigorating him like a recently re-hydrated starte he sent me!

Jeremy

nina 2006 July 14

[quote="northwestsourdough"]
You are probably right Jeremy, however, I believe we were only trying to make Bill smile....and I bet he has a pretty big grin on his face right now...eh Bill???
Teresa
[/quote]

Well it certainly worked for me, I can't stop giggling after reading this thread!

northwestsourdough 2006 July 14

[quote="Jeremy"]
Teresa,
I am no prude, don't worry I think you all are envigorating him like a recently re-hydrated starte he sent me!

Jeremy
[/quote]

Sorry Bill, Jeremy here is calling you a rehydrated starter when us ladies were all trying to be so nice to you! Shame Jeremy!

TEresa

Already a member? Login