Wood fired oven

matthew

Wasn't quite sure what forum to post this but decided on this one as it's not strictly about the bread...

I'm finally, after years of coveting, about to start building my own Alan Scott design woodfired brick oven. Was wondering if any of the members out there (particularly in New Zealand) have built their own and would be willing to help me out when I'm stuck for where to get x or how to do y? I can email Alan, or post on the brickoven group, but local NZ knowledge would be great.

Matthew

Category: 
up
198 users have voted.

Replies

forno 2006 July 5

[quote="matthew"]
Wasn't quite sure what forum to post this but decided on this one as it's not strictly about the bread...

I'm finally, after years of coveting, about to start building my own Alan Scott design woodfired brick oven. Was wondering if any of the members out there (particularly in New Zealand) have built their own and would be willing to help me out when I'm stuck for where to get x or how to do y? I can email Alan, or post on the brickoven group, but local NZ knowledge would be great.

Matthew
[/quote]

Hi Mathew, I am in Melbourne and will shorthly be embarking on my own WFO, I dont have any drawings or anything else but have done some extensive searching on the net and will be trying a "home brew" of an Italian oven

matthew 2006 July 5

I'll be trying to post photos as I go. Would be interested in seeing some of your progress too.

forno 2006 July 6

[quote="matthew"]
I'll be trying to post photos as I go. Would be interested in seeing some of your progress too.
[/quote]

as soon as I start

Already a member? Login