Pumpkin SD - version of Mick's

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh

Substituted 10% of the flour with medium grind cornmeal (for a bit of texture) from Mick's recipe, and I omitted the sunflower seeds. Too chicken. Thought I might make a bigger mess out of my slashing unskills. This was baked from an overnight retardation in the fridge. I love the colour. Although the cornmeal constituted such a small part of the flours, the flavour was clearly dominated by it....no whiff of pumpkin at all. I'll leave it out the next time. Still...a delicious loaf. Yum!

Had trouble slicing the bread coz this is the biggest loaf I've made so far. My knife wasn't quite long enough to do a good job.

Category: 
up
298 users have voted.

Replies

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2006 May 5

Bill, you say the nicest things!

In case, anyone was wondering about the reference to sunflower seeds, I sort of got the above recipe mixed up with [url=http://www.sourdough.com.au/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=36]this one[/url]. Was besotted with Mick's gorgeous baguettes but thought I'll attempt that when I 'graduated'. But, since Bill has pronounced me a graduate, methinks I can proceed....gingerly.

Jeremy's picture
Jeremy 2006 May 5

Tech looks great! Maybe take a look at the tool section I posted and you'll get an idea from Mick, Bill and my self on slashing tools! I changed over to the French lames with double edged razor, knives are a real "drag!"
The bread looks like a Pugliese bread from the pic!
I am trying a wheat/spelt/rye today will post! I nearly clobbered the plantain and smoked paprika bread, it was a good taster but not worthy of a pic, besides it' almost all gone!

Jeremy

northwestsourdough's picture
northwestsourdough 2006 May 6

[quote="Jeremy"]
Tech looks great! Maybe take a look at the tool section I posted and you'll get an idea from Mick, Bill and my self on slashing tools! I changed over to the French lames with double edged razor, knives are a real "drag!"
[/quote]

What tool section ?

Thanks,Teresa

Bill44's picture
Bill44 2006 May 6

[quote="northwestsourdough"]
[quote="Jeremy"]Tech looks great! Maybe take a look at the tool section I posted and you'll get an idea from Mick, Bill and my self on slashing tools! I changed over to the French lames with double edged razor, knives are a real "drag!"
[/quote]

What tool section ?

Thanks,Teresa[/quote]
Try here Teresa.
http://www.sourdough.com.au/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=21

Already a member? Login