Whole wheat and white recipe?

canadianmountaingoat's picture
canadianmountaingoat
Hi folks,

So the second batch of spelt came and went - it was great, and it's already gone! One loaf I gave to a friend who fixed something at our house for us, and the other one we ate in.... one day!!! Unbelievable how good that stuff is! Yey for nowonmai's recipe, it definitely works for me.

So now I've used up all my spelt and I need to make more bread tomorrow morning. All i have at home is whole wheat and white flour. Can I just replace the spelt in nowonmai's recipe with whole wheat? Will I need to change hydration? I.e. increase water in the recipe?

I looked through the recipe section but couldn't find a whole wheat recipe without rye in it... Any suggestions? A fool proof recipe you'd recommend perhaps?

THANKS! Love this site!

goat
Category: 
up
233 users have voted.

Replies

TeckPoh's picture
TeckPoh 2008 April 18
CMG, you're a hardworker, baking every day!

I'm thinking if you have found a recipe which works for you, then use it. Substitute with whatever flours you like....that's what I do. Keep a notebook and write down all the ingredients you are using for the bread. Jot down your findings. Adjust the liquid from there. Breads are (usually) easier to play with than cakes...they are more forgiving. I haven't exactly baked a full wholemeal bread before...IIRC...so I may not the best person to advise you.

Do share with us the outcome.

Already a member? Login