Location: Oatlands, Tasmania, Australia.
Are you a qualified or very experienced baker with a passion for making high quality artisan bread? Are you excited about the prospect of working with organic flours and long fermentation methods?
Traveling (short-term) and longer term bakers are welcome to apply.
The following characteristics are essential:
* Skilled at hand shaping dough
* Motivated to make high quality baked goods
* Ability to learn new techniques
* Excellent communication skills
- Experience with sourdough and longer fermentation doughs (levain, biga, poolish,etc) is essential. Cake and pastry skills are valued but are not essential.
You will be working at an educational bakery operated by the Artisan Baker Association. Some of your baking skills will be shown via video and photos on our websites....so you need to feel comfortable in front of a camera.
* Opportunity to show off your artisan baking skills
* Join a team who are genuinely interested in baking as a craft
* We prefer to work day shifts where possible
* Current position is in Oatlands, Tasmania, Australia
A Pastry Chef position is also available.
Please note that applications that are unsuitable or have no supporting resume will not be considered.
Email CV's to admin [at] artisanbaker.com.au