Oven Building Workshop in Tasmania, April 4-5 2009

Graham's picture
Graham

Sasafrass Creek is building an Alan Scott "Artisan" oven over the weekend of 4-5 April, 2009. Sasafrass is a beautiful 100 acre property at Ellendale, just over an hours drive North West of Hobart. Water comes from a mountain creek fed by Mount Field National Park...only a short drive or a few hours walk away.
The Artisan oven is the perfect size for a big family or small commercial situation (hotel, commercial kitchen, pizza shop, etc.). It uses the same concepts and building techniques as the larger bakery ovens.
The oven will be built by Dennis Benson, all-round nice guy and long-time oven builder for Alan Scott. Accomodation is available on the property, which is currently being restored to a farmstay-style retreat (accomodation is about 90% complete, and very comfortable).
Suggested contribution is $220 for the workshop and $88 for accomodation. BYO food and drink and we will cook on the BBQ to your taste. I am currently staying with my family at Sasafrass Creek and can make a trip to Hobart on Friday evening (April 3) to pick up anyone who is not hiring a car for the weekend.
It should be a great weekend, please contact me for more specific details or to book. Graham. [email protected]

View Larger Map

up
138 users have voted.

Already a member? Login