I have finally got round to making my first sourdough starter. I'm using the recipe from the 'Moro' cook book....Flour, Water and red grapes in muslin submerged in the flour/water mixture.
The Moro cook book says to leave it for 10-14 days at room temperature, by which time the grapes ferment and the muslin cloth inflates with the gasses that are given off.
Well, after just three days... the flour/water mixture looks very active, and is full of bubbles, and the muslin cloth has totally inflated.
Is it time to begin feeding the starter now, of should I still wait for 10 days before feeding my starter?
Many thanks in advance.