One night two weeks ago I couldn't sleep. So I got up, went to the kitchen and strated making bread.
I mixed 200 gr starter, 350 gr water, 280 gr white flour and 250 gr whole wheat flour.
I kneaded it lightly, then let it sit for half an hour. I then added a tsp and a half of salt, kneaded it again, put it in a dish lined with baking paper, slashed it and went to sleep, dreaming of the beautiful bread I'll have in the morning.
Next day I eagerly rushed to the kitchen to see how the bread had risen. I was totally taken aback by what met my eyes. The bread didn't just rise, it overflowed the dish and had spilled all over!
I decided to add more flour and water. I'm not sure how much and for how long I let it rise because I didn't write it down. But I kept roughly the same proportions. This time I thought I should slash the dough just before baking. I slashed on 4 sides all around.
I looked at it through the oven door as it was baking. I was happy to see it was rising. It was a very large loaf.
One of the slashes had opened too much, more than the rest. Maybe because it was in a hotter part of the oven.
I wasn't really pleased with the flavour, maybe a bit more salt would be better, or maybe longer baking time.
But just now I looked at the camera and was impressed by a close up photo of the grain, so I thought I might upload it.